- Your Clarity device comes with a SIM card pre-installed.
- Your Clarity device comes with a power adapter with a US plug and an adapter for UK sockets. Other types of sockets will require additional adapters that will need to be sourced separately.
- This guide is for the Clarity Node-S (cellular). If you have a Clarity Node device (no solar panel), please refer to this Clarity Node (cellular) deployment guide.
- If you have any questions about deployment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Node-S devices must be charged for a full 24 hours prior to deployment. Devices are shipped partially charged for safety reasons. Devices that are not charged before configuration may not complete configuration when deployed and only will configure once there is sufficient battery charge.
The device will slowly charge up via solar but the time required to do so is variable by device, so we highly recommend charging the device fully before deployment. Without a full charge, follow up visits to the deployment site may be required.
Clarity Node-S with solar shield
For deployment, you will also need the following equipment (not included):
- A Phillips head screwdriver
- UV-resistant or metal zip ties, hose clamps, or screws for mounting that are appropriate for your site(s)
Assemble the device
Attach the mounting bracket to the Node-S body.
If you have an older Clarity device that does not include a solar shield: Attach the mounting bracket to the device body with the mounting screws. The bracket can be screwed in vertically or horizontally depending on the infrastructure at the site.
- If you have the latest Clarity device that includes the solar shield: Slide the metal shield over the device body from the top, from the side opposite of the inlet/outlet and Device ID QR code. The inlet/outlet and QR code should be fully visible with the shield in place.
Attach the solar shield bracket to the device body with the mounting screws (your version of the solar shield be slightly differ in design).
Note: When deploying devices with the solar shield, mounting devices to a pole is recommended. Mounting to a wall or other flat surface may require additional fittings.
- Attach the solar panel to the device. Do not plug in the solar panel cable to the device body.
- Attach the antenna to the device body and orient upright.
Charge the device
Node-S devices must be charged for a full 24 hours prior to deployment. Devices that are not charged before configuration may not complete configuration when deployed and only will configure once there is sufficient power.
Plug the device body into an outlet with the provided power adapter. The device will play the Power On sound (single beep). Disregard any subsequent sounds for now.
Charge for 24 hours. After fully charging or to store the device, please disconnect the external power adaptor or solar panel cable from the device body. Keeping the cable connected will keep the device on and continue consuming the battery.
Configure the device
1. Scan the device’s QR code with a phone or log in with your account credentials on Clarity Dashboard. If you are not able to access your Dashboard, please contact email@example.com.
5. Upload a photo of the device (optional). Click Submit.
6. Once the device has been configured, you will see the Configuration Success page. Click Go to Maintenance if you need to edit the device geolocation or re-upload a photo.
- At the deployment site, plug the solar panel cable in to the device. The device will play the Power On sound (single beep) and attempt to connect to Clarity Cloud.
- If the Connection Failure sound (beep beep beep) plays, please confirm the device has been configured on the Dashboard first. If this doesn't resolve the issue, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you hear a Low Battery sound (two pitched beep beep, decreasing in pitch), please charge the device for at least 24 hours before proceeding. If the Connection Successful sound (two-pitched beep beep) plays, proceed to deploy the device.
- After successful connection, please wait for the first data point to upload to the Cloud and to appear on the Dashboard. This can take anywhere from 2-10 min depending on the cellular connectivity strength.
Deploy the device
Note: When deploying devices with the solar shield, mounting devices to a pole is recommended. Mounting to a wall or other flat surface may not be possible or require additional equipment.
Note: The optimum angle for the solar panel will vary during the winter and summer months if not near the equator. You may need to adjust the solar panel as the seasons and sun patterns change to maximize sunlight exposure in some locations. If accessing the device is difficult and the solar panel can't be adjusted, we recommend using the more conservative winter angle as long as during the summer months, there will be plenty of direct sun exposure.
Congratulations! The device is online and uploading data.